The Pocketmate is a compact version of the ACR38 ID card-reader, specifically designed to work with smartphones & tablets. This design device is easy to open and is plugged directly into the USB-C port of your Android or Windows device, similar to a standard USB stick. This means it takes up very little space and can easily be carried around – on a keyring, for instance.
The eID Software
This software must be installed in order to work with the government applications (Minfin, taxonweb ...). Moreover, it must be run with each new installation of Windows or Mac OS X.
Instructions for the eID Quickinstall:
- Do NOT connect the reader with the system
- Install the software eID Quickinstall
- Connect the reader to your computer when requested by the eID Quickinstall software
- Insert the eID card and wait until the system displays the personal data of the card
- When data is shown, the reader is ok and you can safely log on the online applications of the government
Belgian eID government web sites do not support applications running under Android. In order to solve this issue, Zetes had developped its own eID specific Android software, allowing to read out data, authenticate and sign documents using the eID.
* Normally the drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update