The ACR38 is the most popular card reader in Belgium. The blue version, which became popular when the electronic ID card was introduced in Belgium, has had a white make-over. Known for its reliability, he reader is the ultimate eID reference and will remain at the top a little while longer.
The eID Software
This software must be installed in order to work with the government applications (Minfin, taxonweb ...). Moreover, it must be run with each new installation of Windows or Mac OS X.
Instructions for the eID Quickinstall:
- Do NOT connect the reader with the system
- Install the software eID Quickinstall
- Connect the reader to your computer when requested by the eID Quickinstall software
- Insert the eID card and wait until the system displays the personal data of the card
- When data is shown, the reader is ok and you can safely log on the online applications of the government
* Normally the drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update